JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Re: The Art Of The Storyboard Diorama

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

Sorry folks I got a bit ahead of myself on this storyboard walk around.This is the view through the backdoor,with the WC on the left and coal bin on the right(not visible in this pic).The boss is in conservation with two pilots ,one in flying gear and the other in RFC uniform.
The boss in the fedora seems to be giving his best impression of Al Capone standing in the shadows of a early sunset on this November afternoon in Canada.(maybe a little rum across the border guys?)

Please note: there is a more understandable sequence to this story in my photobucket under the My Book album.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

Here is an old OX5 engine that was removed from the military Jenny and is being packaged up and sent out for major overhaul.We are equipped to do minor repairs to engines and airframes here but the major stuff requires outside help.Right now the guys are on coffee break so the truck drivers are having a little game of checkers while they wait.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

This is a night view through the engine shop doors.The guys are working on an old water cooled Mercedes engine from a Fokker D7 racer of which there were a few around just after the war.Last one out has to turn off the lights and stumble around in the dark looking for his car keys.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

These little creamers from the coffee shop make excellent tin garbage pails or forms for building wooden ones.I first cut out the bottom disc and then glue on the side pieces,trim the top level and add a band around the top.I painted it burnt umber and then sanded most of it off.
I spent way too much time making this but because a lot of the storyline revolves around the symbolism of water I felt it was worth it.However it looks a little large in this scale.I will live with it for a few days and see if I have to make another one and keep this one as a wood bucket.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

On some of the newer websites that I post to there seems to be a misunderstanding about what my posts are about.

About ten years ago when I first started posting it was my intention to promote the building of dioramas on the web.The armor guys had been well into this for a long time but there is little communication between the two groups.I wanted to help change that situation at a time when a lot of modelers thought that a diorama was a nice wooden base to put your model on.
I post to about 30 different websites.RR,auto,ship,figure and aircraft as well as some other art and photo sites and I am also writing an online book about storyboard dioramas.I have always been a teacher and I love to share whatever knowledge that I may have with others.This is more of a How to..... thread than anything else.I am also an active builder of dioramas for museums and at 70 years old this keeps me very busy.I just don't have time to socialize on the net.If you are expecting feedback on every post , you won't find it on this thread.Please try to understand.I know that there is a lot of interest out there as my photobucket averages thousands of hits a day and that is reward enough for me.Cheers! John.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

On this walkaround we are now rounding the L/H corner of the hangar .The sign on the hangar door shows just what a progressive company that we are.Our flying instructors are required to be on duty only 12 hours a day instead of the normal 24.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

Along the L/H inside wall things are busy.One of our mechanics,Rod, is putting in a little overtime stripping the JN 4 fuselage cockpit of any usable parts as spares for the Canuck barnstormer.This is an era of very little regulation so you will sometimes find a real mixture of parts on any particular airplane.For example on the barnstormer they have used the wooden tail feathers from the JN4.Pilots will often ask us to change the wing stagger of their barnstormers to make them even more unstable for their aerobatic routines.
Because of the Veterans day commemorations we have hung some flags from the rafters,put up a few decorations and cleaned thing up a bit before the dignitaries arrive.Believe me the floors are never usually this clean.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

Répondre

Retourner vers « Western in English »