JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Re: Sergio Leone Movie Set Diorama

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

A lot of work to make what looks like an old chicken coop ! Undecided This section has yet to be treated with the burnt sienna rusty nail heads look.Although they are hardly noticeable they do add a lot to the finished product.When weathering try to treat each area as a artist would do when painting.Make it interesting for the eye and try not to line things up in rows and right angles etc....or use monotone colors. Treat each piece as an individual part of the whole and put your best effort into it no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time.Avoid trying to rush through the things you don't particularly like doing.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

Here is a cool old wood study pic ! The paint looks like it was once a red color that has now faded to orange.The surface looks like it is beyond the cracked paint stage and only a little of the paint stain remains.In this damp environment and a little greenish moss has developed where the wood nears the earths surface.Not a worry in the desert.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

OK now here is the finished product ! All it needs is a chicken in the window.This is what I love about wood , nothing can replace the real thing.Each piece is unique and different and has a character of its own.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

Here is one of those circumstances in modeling where a compromise of some kind has to be made.The bench is to scale but the wall of the car is a little too thick which moves the bench seat a little too far into the aisle.(no conductor is that slim) Lucky for me that all the benches are not required to be side by side
as in a normal railway car.I can cheat a bit in the arrangement of the benches and it won't be noticeable.This is one of the difficulties you run into when scatchbuilding by eye alone.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

You know in reviewing my pics of Sergio's set I came to realize that he cheated a bit in this same area.The door is not in the center of the car and the seating is creatively arranged to suit the scene.The master himself was not above making some compromises too!
While on the subject of scale I was wondering how high that braking wheel that is located on the platform should be in relation to the height of the man?I think mine looks overscale in height.I am not too concerned about the diameter of the tubing or the diameter of the wheel itself as that could vary a bit I guess but the height must have been standard.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

I would say that Claudia's rear end is perfect but big Marshall Dillon out of Dodge city might have to pay for an extra seat.This is Economy class for sure.
Like everything else about this station the bench legs need straightening.
I grouped the seating arrangement around the wood stove which seems like a natural to me for those cold nights in the desert.
JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

JohnReid
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par JohnReid »

For picture taking purposes I am sure that Sergio widened this set and adjusted the rails to suit the scale.I am not sure exactly how he did it but the left wall seems to have been moved outward with the rail was still placed in the middle.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Western in English »