Forum for English speaking members!
Come here and talk with other fans.
Répondre
Cole Armin
Maire

The Lawless Breed 1952 - Raoul Walsh

Message par Cole Armin »

Directed by Raoul Walsh
Starring Rock Hudson, Julie Adams, Mary Castle, John McIntire, Hugh O'Brian, Dennis Weaver, Forrest Lewis, Lee Van Cleef

A well done biopic of John Wesley Hardin.
The Lawless Breed delivers Rock Hudson one of his best roles as well as one of his first starring role. A part, he plays marvelously.
The beautiful Mary Castle (from the TV Show Stories of the Century) is a serious competitor of Julia Adams. As for the supporting roles, you'll fin the usual : John McIntire who plays two parts ! Lee Van Cleef that disappears quickly.
The story is fictionalized with and takes liberties with reality. The Lawless Breed is fairly minor in the career of Raoul Walsh. Yet, it is quite entertaining.

:arrow: More documents on the french topic : http://forum.westernmovies.fr/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=985
"Attends d'être aussi vieux que moi pour parler comme moi"
Walter Brennan dans La Rivière rouge

Discutez cinéma!
Alec Longmire
Convoyeur de bétail

Re: The Lawless Breed 1952 - Raoul Walsh

Message par Alec Longmire »

Fairly minor ! To my mind it's one of his best westerns ! But it's true that it's not very well known... Anyway, as Cole said, a quite entertaining, I think no one is going to sleep with this western !
Cole Armin
Maire

Message par Cole Armin »

Alec Longmire a écrit :Fairly minor ! To my mind it's one of his best westerns !
Well I have to admit that all of Raoul Walsh are quite outstanding. So even a fairly minor Walsh is quite good. Yet, I wouldn't say that it's his best. Though better than A Distant Trumpet, it's much more conventionnal than such masterpieces as Along the Great Divide, Pursued, Colorado Territory or Silver River.
:beer1:
"Attends d'être aussi vieux que moi pour parler comme moi"
Walter Brennan dans La Rivière rouge

Discutez cinéma!
Alec Longmire
Convoyeur de bétail

Message par Alec Longmire »

Hello Cole ! You're right, The lawless Breed is much more conventional than other Walshes. To my mind, his best success are Colorado Territory (the first for me), Pursued, and Along the great divide.

But for the others, I'm not a very great fan of Walshes westerns ; I may be an heretic ( :oops: ), but in my opinion The lawless breed is better than They died with their boots on, or Silver River, The King and 4 Queens... But you used the good word in fact : entertainment ; it's exactly that exhilarating impression I have when I watch it !
Répondre

Retourner vers « Western in English »